Mission: We are disciples who make disciples by guiding all people to follow Jesus moment by moment.
Vision: We envision a community of disciples courageously engaging culture with the hope of Jesus where we live, work, learn and play.
Oak Hills Church (OHC) is searching for hard-working, driven young adults who are ready to gain valuable ministry experience by partnering with us for a summer internship. We are currently seeking young adults (ages 19-25) who are excited about developing their gifts under experienced leaders in a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth. In this internship, you will explore your gifts through 1-on-1 trainings, real life experiences, and equipping environments that will help clarify your calling. An internship at OHC isn't for just anyone and that's why we believe this experience is perfect for you.
If you are looking for an internship that lets you stack up experience and knowledge instead of paper, keep on reading!
INERN MINISTRY OPTIONS
Bibleland Kids: Interns will actively participate in special event/camp preparations, set-up, and fall curriculum planning and packaging. Additionally, they will teach or assist in a weekend Bible Class for Nursery, Early Childhood, and/or Elementary.
Student Ministry: Interns will assist with leading students in 6th – 12th grade by teaching truth through God’s Word and being culturally relevant. In addition, the intern will develop relationships with students during weekly experiences, small groups, camps, and campus serving opportunities.
College & Young Adults: Female Intern will assist with planning and implementing worship services, events, small groups, camps and outreach events. Intern will encourage relational discipleship of young adult women.
Adult Discipleship: The Adult Ministry’s Intern will learn through both academic studies as well as practical experiences about how to connect in their personal relationship with God, and practice connecting His people.
Graphic Design: The intern will collaborate with the Creative Team in assisting with social media content creation, ministry graphic design projects, and photography. Basic graphic design knowledge required.
Videography: The intern will collaborate with Creative Team in creating engaging video content for social media, promotions, and live streams for digital discipleship. Basic videography knowledge required.
Local & Global Outreach: The Intern will learn to share the hope of Jesus in our local community and around the world, shadow ministry team members as we work with our local and global partners and prepare teams to serve our city and on cross-cultural mission trips. The Intern will learn principles of evangelism, discipleship, project management, and Christ-centered economic and human development. (PT-29 Hours):
| Application Deadline
March 31, 2023
| Internship Duration
May 22 – August 6, 2023
| Work Week
Typically, Sunday - Thursday
| Position Status / Rate
$16.00 per hour
| Hours per week
Full-Time : 40 hrs/week
Part-Time: 29 hrs/week
Work Related Expenses paid.
Up to 4 days of PTO
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the team through participation in team meetings, seeks servant-leadership opportunities, learns, and envisions God working through them to make an impact on others.
- Participates in summer ministry initiatives.
- Participates in weekly small groups and learning environments led by OHC staff.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Works as a team player with staff.
- Assists and leads in the planning and implementation of worship services, ministry events, summer camps, mission trips, and outreach opportunities (May vary by specific ministry area).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
OHC STAFF EXPECTATIONS
- Active relationship with Jesus Christ sustained through personal spiritual practices.
- Embodies Christlikeness and leads with humility, character, and love.
- Demonstrates commitment to unity and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Personally engaged with OHC’s mission and vision.
- Supportive of OHC’s beliefs, values, discipleship commitments, and distinctives.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program from an accredited college or university.
- Must provide own transportation to/from the church and/or planned activities.
- Complete a background check and child safety training.
- Must adhere to OHC policies.
- Basic knowledge of Scripture and clearly articulate the gospel message.
- Ability to develop leaders and team members for effective ministry.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written means.
- Ability to build and promote a team culture through relational collaboration and motivating team members.
- Ability to plan, organize projects and prepare detailed reports and presentations.
- Ability to use computers and a variety of software applications.
- Ability to work through intern experience from May through August 2023.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Occasional lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
Intern applicants, please use the link labeled "Download The PDF Application".