OHC has one final team departing to Spring, TX (Dec. 1-3; departing at 6 p.m. from North Central Campus).
Click HERE to sign-up to volunteer and learn more.
A storm like Harvey made the call for OHC to be Jesus to our neighbors real in an urgent way.
Oak Hills Church responded in 3 main ways:
1. Prayed and continues to pray -
We can never underestimate the power of prayer. Please pray for those impacted by the storm and for God’s name to be glorified in this tragedy.
2. Give – Thank you for your generosity. Since the onset of Harvey, OHC members supported the cause with they physical time and energy, and countless others supported the Harvey Relief effort through their generous giving. To date, OHC has received over $202,000 in funds to support those in need. Below is a listing of the several organizations and groups that OHC has supported:
- The Children's Hunger Fund, DRT, the feeding of Harvey relief teams that arrived immediately in the Portland/Rockport area to serve as Harvey made landfall, Helping His Hands, the purchase of roof shingles for uninsured homes in the Texas Gulf Coast area, and Grace Community Church (Vidor, TX).
- Beyond Harvey, OHC also supported areas affected by Irma including Samaritan's Purse (Virgin Islands), World Vision (Puerto Rico), and Haiti with funds for generators and repairs to a Cap Haitian schools
If you are interested in continuing to support the Harvey Relief effort, you can
- Donate to Samaritans Purse by clicking HERE
- Donate to Disaster Response Team by clicking HERE
If you would prefer to make your gift through Oak Hills Church, click
We will be collecting donations and directing them to appropriate relief efforts.
Gifts should be made on the Oak Hills website by clicking on the "Give Now" button and choosing the "Disaster Relief Fund."
3. Go - We still have one trip scheduled to Spring, TX, December 1 - 3, 2017: Helping His Hands / Spring, TX. This team will depart from the OHC North Central Campus (departs at 6 pm Friday)
We want to thank the many who answered the call to being the hands and feet of Jesus to serve in the areas impacted by Harvey. OHC has been blessed to have teamed with Disaster Response Team (DRT) and Samaritan’s Purse (SP) to serve alongside local churches. OHC chose to partner with DRT and SP as they have extensive experience to quickly mobilize help in an effective, efficient and safe manner. They had teams in place and were set up to accept volunteers. We are thankful for the initial clean-up the OHC teams provided to these areas. The blessings the OHC team personally received exceeded the small amount of work they were able to provide.
Below is a recap of the Harvey Disaster Team our church was able to mobilize in the past few months. We are thankful to the many servants - 109 total thus far - who responded to His call. In all thus far, nine teams have traveled to the Portland and Victoria areas:
To DRT / Portland, TX:
- September 15 – 17 : Team Leader - Mike Oakes; team of 10
- September 29 - Oct. 1: Team Leader - Jason Bishop (NC); team of 9
- October 6 - 8: Team Leader - Dan Downey; team of 9
- October 13 - 15: Team Leader - Michael Humphrey; team of 11
- October 20-22: Team Leader - Ryan Rohan (JF); team of 22
- November 3 - 5: Team Leader - April Gonzales (WS); team of 18
- November 10 - 12: Team Leader - Jeremy Jennings (AR); team of 11
To SP / Victoria, TX:
- October 5 - 7: Team Leader - Jorge San Pedro (AR); team of 11
- October 12 - 14: Team Leader - Sam Gonzalez (AR; team of 8
Thank you in advance for being the hands and feet of Christ and responding with compassion to our brothers and sisters in their time of need.